Update: heart failure diagnosis and treatment; how can we work together?
Professor Martin Cowie provides an overview of the best practices and current guidelines in the diagnosis and treatment of heart failure.
The talk will address when to refer a patient, alongside a referral criterion, and what to monitor and how.
- Understand actions to take on suspicion of heart failure.
- Outline the main types of heart failure.
- Overview current guidelines for treatment of heart failure, and patient’s medication list.
- Monitoring patients with heart failure.
- Recognising referral criteria.
Professor Martin Cowie is a consultant cardiologist who specialises in adult cardiology with an interest in heart failure and complex cardiac disease and is frequently asked to give second opinions on relevant treatment options.
Learn more about Professor Cowie’s biography, research interests and publications here.
Would you like to know more?
Please get in touch with our team who will be able to assist you.
Curated For :Primary care doctors & Radiographers / technologists & Secondary care doctors & Tertiary care doctors
Subject :Cardiology 58 minutes