Sarcoidosis and interstitial lung disease in the primary care setting
This talk focuses on interstitial lung disease and sarcoidosis. Dr Kouranos will present how to best manage these patients in a primary care setting, when to refer and what advice to give during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Understanding the complexity of interstitial lung disease and sarcoidosis and emphasis on the multi-disciplinary approach in diagnosis and management.
- Core treatments in interstitial lung disease and sarcoidosis.
- Demonstrate a patient-centred approach concentrating on the best options for the different types of patients.
- Showcase options to better patients’ care and services delivered, particularly during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Evaluate the risk of interstitial lung disease and sarcoidosis patients during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Dr Vasilis Kouranos is a consultant respiratory physician at the Royal Brompton Hospital. Completing a fellowship in interstitial lung disease and sarcoidosis at the Royal Brompton Hospital, Dr Kouranos has sub-specialist expertise in sarcoidosis and principally cardiac sarcoidosis, which was the subject of his PhD thesis.
He has inordinate experience in the management of patients with sarcoidosis, interstitial lung disease and pulmonary fibrosis as well as managing patients with general respiratory problems.
Would you like to know more?
Please get in touch with our team who will be able to assist you.