GP Masterclass COPD
This talk covers the definition of COPD and its overview, ways of diagnosis and management practices. Lastly Dr Justin Garner will touch on novel interventional bronchoscopy therapies.
- Definition and overview of COPD
- Diagnosis and Management in Primary and Secondary Care
- Awareness of novel therapies available and referral pathways
Dr Justin Garner qualified from Imperial College School of Medicine, UK, in 2008. He trained as a respiratory specialist in the North-West Thames deanery and completed his PhD in Interventional Bronchoscopy under Professors Pallav Shah and Omar Usmani in 2020. He has worked as a consultant respiratory physician at the Royal Brompton Hospital since October 2021 in the department of lung cancer and interventional bronchoscopy.
Dr Justin Garner has specialist expertise in:
- Management of lung cancer and pulmonary nodules
- Lung volume reduction (e.g., endobronchial valves) and novel interventional therapies for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Bronchial thermoplasty for severe asthma
- Diagnostic and interventional bronchoscopy.
Dr Justin Garner’s research interests include small airways disease, inflammatory biomarkers, and medical device innovation.
Dr Justin Garner has published multiple articles and book chapters on various respiratory topics including interventional bronchoscopy techniques for severe COPD (including endobronchial valves), severe asthma, and lung cancer.
Would you like to know more?
Please get in touch with our team who will be able to assist you.