Lung transplantation: A peek into the future
This talk discusses lung transplantation, a therapy for patients with advanced lung disease, delving into the two big issues of supply and demand and shelf life.
- To understand recipient suitability
- To discuss organ donation and rates
- Gain knowledge of lung regeneration
- To discuss lung ex-vivo lung perfusion
- To review what the future holds
Professor Glen Westall is a Consultant Chest Physician, and Head of the Paediatric Lung Transplant Program at the Alfred Hospital, Melbourne. He trained at King’s College London, and completed his respiratory training at the Alfred Hospital, Melbourne and Royal Brompton Hospital, London.
Professor Westall specialises in the fields of lung fibrosis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and lung transplantation.
Would you like to know more?
Please get in touch with our team who will be able to assist you.