Palpitations; reassure, treat or refer?
Dr David Gareth Jones focuses on how to differentially diagnose, investigate, risk-stratify and manage patients presenting with palpitation in this talk.
The roles of contemporary personal pulse/ECG recording devices, ambulatory ECG recordings, and/or cardiac imaging are discussed, and when to refer to a cardiologist and/or arrhythmia specialist.
- Review the common causes of palpitation
- Overview the differential diagnosis of palpitation/arrhythmia
- Learn about roles of ECG and cardiac imaging in risk stratification
- Consider which clinical features can/should prompt specialist referral
- Increase understanding of heart rhythm treatment via case-based scenarios
Dr David Gareth Jones is a consultant cardiologist and is the cath lab (catheterisation laboratory) director at Harefield Hospital.
He has extensive experience in medical and interventional management, including advanced mapping and ablation therapy, for all atrial and ventricular arrhythmias.
Dr Jones has specific interest in patients with arrhythmias and advanced heart failure, including arrhythmia management and catheter ablation in patients who have had a heart or ling transplant.
Learn more about Dr David Gareth Jones, his clinical expertise, publications and teaching here.
Would you like to know more?
Please get in touch with our team who will be able to assist you.
Curated For :Primary care doctors & Radiographers / technologists & Secondary care doctors & Tertiary care doctors
Subject :Cardiology 58 minutes