It is nearly 44 years since the first IVF baby was born. This GP and primary care focused webinar will aim to explain the hurdles of human reproduction from ovulation to implantation of embryos with emphasis of what has been achieved “in vitro” since the first IVF baby.
Dr Julia Kopeika, consultant gynaecologist and subspecialist in reproductive medicine and surgery, will give insight into the current art of embryo selection, discuss how new technologies helped to increase the success rate and decrease multiple pregnancy rate. She will also give tips on how to distinguish non-evidenced based add-on interventions in IVF.
- To understand the main steps of IVF process
- Main factors that can influence IVF outcome
- How to minimise the risk of multiple pregnancy (it’s all about clever embryo selection and what we have learned about human embryos)
- How successful is egg/embryo freezing?
- Current add-ons, how to interpret multiple IVF interventions from evidence-based medicine prospective